Three little words can pack a powerful punch, which is why Dr. Michelle Mazur’s “3 Word Rebellion” so handily cuts through all the noise. In this episode of Book Marketing Mentors she spells out concrete steps to guarantee your book’s messaging both stands out and sticks. If you want to differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace, this is the place to start!
Three little words can pack a powerful punch, which is why Dr. Michelle Mazur’s “3 Word Rebellion” cuts through all the noise.
In this episode "How to Pack a Powerful Punch with Your Message" she spells out concrete steps to guarantee your book’s messaging both stands out and sticks.
If you want to differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace, this is the place to start!
Here's what you'll learn when you listen to this powerful episode...
And much, much more...
Click here if you’d like to purchase "The 3 Word Rebellion: Create a one-of-a-kind Message That Grows Your Business Into a Movement."
Dr. Mazur also offers a free mini-workshop with lots of helpful tips and tricks at this link.
The term “messaging” is bandied about quite a bit in the marketing world, but in fact it’s parameters are much broader and deeper than most of us think. I recently welcomed Dr. Michelle Mazur as the guest mentor for an episode focused on why it’s so important to capture the essence of your business’s value proposition. To be effective, marketing requires clear, consistent messaging that captures audience attention, creates conversation and cultivates emotional connection. It’s a process that requires creativity as well as discipline.
Dr. Mazur’s 3 Word Rebellion methodology breaks down for us not only why defining the change you’re trying to create is so important but also the step-by-step for achieving that elusive goal. She shares examples of writing prompts she uses to help her clients refine their mission and the types of three-word combinations that are most likely to engage with your particular target market. Cohesive, sticky messaging is key to staking a claim to – and authority within – your industry space.
Authors will want to hear Dr. Mazur’s tips for avoiding common self-publishing pitfalls and defensive strategies for navigating the world of distribution and promotion. Should your book’s three words be packaged as a Rallying Cry, a Change Agent, or a Declaration/Mantra? What’s that thing that makes your message singular and compelling? If you want your book to grab attention but are having difficulty figuring out how to position it, this is the show for you!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
· How to communicate your book’s substance and value.
· Why the term “messaging” is about more than you might think.
· Marketing, sales, and PR are all served by comprehensive, unified messages.
· What three main functions effective messaging performs:
o Captures and focuses target audience’s attention.
o Creates a conversation that drives further engagement.
o Cultivates emotional connection – that “know, like, and trust” factor.
· How the “The 3 Word Rebellion” encapsulates the change you want to create.
· Why it’s important to create a cohesive brand message that stakes a claim within your industry space.
· About prompts for writing and reflection that help tease out and define your business’ essence.
· Why it’s so important to protect your intellectual property.
· What it means to create a client empathy map and how it’s deployed in message creation.
· Rookie mistakes new authors frequently make. (Hint: Consistency is King!)
· The long-term payoffs that accrue from tirelessly championing your “baby.”
· Why partnering with the right distributor is so crucial for self-published authors.
· About the three types of 3 Word Rebellions: The Rallying Cry, The Change Agent, The Declaration or Mantra.
“If you don’t know what to say, it’s really hard to be effective marketing your business.” (Michelle)
“Unless you communicate your message consistently, people aren’t going to remember or recognize you and that cultivating connection.” (Susan)
“You want to have ownership of your message. It’s an asset to your business and it should be treated as such.” (Michelle)
“Your message is a living breathing thing … that after awhile takes on its own life.” (Michelle)
“The type (of “3 Word Rebellion”) that you choose doesn’t really matter … It’s only what’s best for your audience and what’s best for you and your business.” (Michelle)
Blurb, a platform for creating, printing, and publishing independent books.
FOLLOW OR CONTACT Dr. Michelle Mazur:
Click here if you’d like to purchase "The 3 Word Rebellion: Create a one-of-a-kind Message That Grows Your Business Into a Movement." Dr. Mazur also offers a free mini-workshop with lots of helpful tips and tricks at this link.